WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
"Took a two week watercolor course at my local art museum. I found myself confused and frustrated after the first day. Watched your videos and applied what I learned from you to the class. At the end of the two weeks, the teacher was astounded at my progress. Funny thing is I learned it all from you. lol. Thanks @watercolorMSfit"
NOT YOUR AVERAGE WORKSHOP...
I'm proud to announce! This is the second course in a series of several mini workshops - I will be releasing over the next couple of months. These workshops target key skills that you must know in order to succeed at watercolor. I feel so strongly about these skills - that I've created an entire workshop dedicated to just one topic - in this workshop we will be discussing water to watercolor washes and how paint make-up (such as transparent and opaque paint colors) can affect your wash. This is a skill that I had to learn the hard way and developed some of my very own methods - over the years thru trial and error. But now I get to share all my knowledge and personal hacks with you - in a short and fun video workshop. I've broken down this topic to make it as easy as possible for even a newbie to understand. This workshop is basically the training wheels to starting watercolor and if you've struggled with paint mixtures - this workshop is for you!
THIS WORKSHOP IS DESIGNED TO ALLOW YOU TO GO AT YOUR OWN PACE
THIS WORKSHOP INCLUDES...
- AN INFORMATION PACKET WITH EXERCISES & SPECIAL INFO
- 6 INFORMATIONAL VIDEOS EXPLORING WATERCOLOR WASHES
- BONUS NEVER BEFORE RELEASED - BUNNY & BEAR MEETING DRAWING TEMPLATE
- BONUS - TIME-LAPSE PAINTING OF BUNNY & BEAR MEETING
- BONUS - FULLY COLORED PAINTING OF BUNNY & BEAR MEETING FOR REFERENCE
SNAPSHOTS FROM INSIDE THE WORKSHOP
NO DRAWING SKILLS NEEDED...
Once again I've included templates and charts to help those who find drawing challenging!
"BUT WHAT IF I'M NOT A BEGINNER...?"
No worries, just think of this course as a review course for the basics. Remember you can always learn something new as long as you have an open mind about it.
FOLLOW ALONG WITH MY WORKSHEETS...
I've also included a packet of worksheets & informational charts to help you follow along with me - during this workshop. I created these to make learning as easy and simple as possible all while having fun!
"I DON'T HAVE ALL THE SUPPLIES..."
- If you don't have all the supplies - No worries, again! This workshop is set up for you to discover and learn with whatever paints you have. However, I DO HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU HAVE TWO TRANSPARENT PAINTS & TWO OPAQUE PAINTS THAT WILL BLEND TOGETHER EASILY for this workshop. I will be using Scarlet Lake, Indian Yellow, Cadmium Orange, and Cadmium Red for my transparent and opaque paint colors (all of which are from Winsor and Newton). However, that being said -- feel free to use your own paint colors during the exercises - just make sure they you have 2 opaque colors and 2 transparent colors to get the most out of this course. 😃
"HOW DO I KNOW MY PAINTS ARE TRANSPARENT OR OPAQUE..."
- There are actually two ways to check if your paints are transparent, opaque, semi transparent, or semi opaque? One way is by checking your tubes and looking for the manufacturers symbol for opaque or transparent. I demonstrate this in the course - but sometimes manufactures don't put these symbols on their paints.
- So, the second way you can tell is by painting a solid black line of permanent ink on your paper, letting it throughly dry and then painting over it with your watercolors. Yours transparent paints will appear to sink below the line or under the black line. Meanwhile, your opaque paints will appear to rest on top. I walk your through this in the course - but wanted to let you know ahead of time - for when you are gathering your paints.
DURING THE COURSE - WE WILL BE EXPLORING HOW OPAQUE PAINTS & TRANSPARENT PAINTS CAN HELP US OR HINDER US WHEN PAINTING WATERCOLOR WASHES.
WANT TO KNOW THE TOPICS I'LL BE COVERING?
HERE ARE THE SUPPLIES I WILL BE USING...
Get started now!
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME STUDENT'S WORK FROM PREVIOUS WORKSHOPS
Get started now!
"I've learned more from a 10 minute YouTube tutorial about watercolor than I did in 4 years of art school. Thanks @watercolorMSfit"
"I was gonna go to bed at a reasonable hour, but then I caught @watercolorMSfit live streaming and now all I want to do is paint!
"Been drawing most my life, but never tried watercolor. Thanks Carrie for making it so simple to follow and entertaining for us "newbs" as you say."
"Thanks Carrie for the well though out videos! I'm excited to try watercolor again!"
Get started now!
Hi there! My name is Carrie - the artist behind Watercolor Misfit. Perhaps you have heard of me from my YouTube channel, which I started shortly after getting married to my best friend in the entire world in 2012. Since then ALOT has changed and this little hobby has turned into my dream job! Currently, I teach watercolor courses online to my loyal fans - called Misfitians. It's hard to believe now, but this all started when I was in college pursuing my Masters Degree of Education. As most know, being a college student means one is constantly broke. So to earn extra money on the side - I taught art workshops to my students for over 10 years. What's even crazier, is that nearly half of those students went on to win numerous art competitions after training under my supervision. Also to help pay the bills, I painted numerous commissioned portraits and illustrations thinking this was just a profitable side job for the time being.At the time, I honestly didn't give it much thought, but now I realize that teaching art was what I was born to do. Although I took several college art classes and nearly graduated with an art minor - I decided to not pursue it in the end. You see, many of my art teachers simply didn't have the desire to teach. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they hated it. This is why I consider myself a self taught artist - simply because I did try to pursue higher art education but was frustrated by the lack of teaching given me while there. So, I graduated with a Masters Degree of Education without the art minor. Although, at the time it seemed like I was taking a step back from art - nothing couldn't be further from the truth. With a Masters Degree of Education in hand, I learned how to create courses from scratch and developable achievable goals for my students to find success. This coupled with my own personal experiences in watercolor - and my filming background are sure to please in a easy to follow in a visually stimulating manner. With the help of my wonderful husband and Misfit Dream Team - Watercolor Misfit is growing faster than I could even dream and I can't wait to share this experience with you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
DISCLAIMER: Any testimonials or claims stated above are some of our student's experiences. While the course was created for newbies, please understand this means we do not guarantee results for any reason.
Copyright 2017-2018 - Watercolor Misfit LLC. All Rights Reserved. 7320 BROAD RIVER RD, SUITE K - #231, IRMO, SC 29063 |